My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Hearty Glazed Tri-Tip Roast with Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min. to 2 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2-2 lb. beef tri-tip roast
+ 1 red onion, cut into 16 wedges
+ 4 c. Broccolini or baby broccoli, trimmed (about 9 oz.)
+ non-stick cooking spray
+ salt and pepper
+ 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
+ 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
+ 3 cloves garlic, minced
Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce:
+ 1/4 c. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
+ 1/4 c. plain non-fat yogurt
+ 2 Tbsp. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
+ 1 Tbsp. minced onion
+ 1/4 tsp pepper
What to do:
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 Tbsp. for basting. Place beef roast and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn roast to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 min. to 2 hrs
2. Heat oven to 425°F. Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place onion wedges around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30-40 min. for medium rare; 40-45 min. for medium doneness, basting with reserved 2 Tbsp. marinade halfway through roasting time.
3. Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
4. Meanwhile prepare Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Spray Broccolini with nonstick cooking spray, tossing to coat. Place on metal baking sheet. Roast in 425°F oven 10-15 min. or until crisp-tender and slightly browned. Toss onion wedges with Broccolini. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
6. Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Top beef with Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce. Serve with vegetables.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chianti
Calories: 239; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 51mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 20g; Sodium: 117mg;