My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of Washington State Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Washington russet potatoes, about 10 oz. each
+ 1 1/2 tsp. oil
+ 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix (from a packet)
+ 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable brush in the sink under cold running water.
3. Using a big heavy knife and a cutting board, cut each potato in half the long way.
4. Put the halves cut side down on the cutting board and cut each half lengthwise in half. Then cut each half into 3 long wedges You will have 12 pieces.
5. Using a paper towel, brush the potato wedges with the oil.
6. Oil a baking sheet and arrange the potato wedges, skin side down, in a single layer.
7. Sprinkle wedges evenly with the taco mix seasoning, then with the Parmesan cheese.
8. Carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and set the timer for 30 min. Poke a potato wedge with a fork to be sure it is tender. If not bake another 5 min.
9. Using potholders, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Use a pancake turner to move the wedges to a serving plate.
You will need permission or assistance to use a big heavy knife to cut the potatoes into wedges. You will need to buy big potatoes. Weigh them on the scale in the produce department to be sure you are getting the right size and that they are pretty even in size and shape. You will need about 15 min. for preparation and 30 min. for the fries to cook.
* For more great potato recipes, please visit potatokids.com or potatoes.com.
Calories: 105; Total Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 2mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 225mg;