My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Cumin-Rubbed Steaks with Avocado Salsa Verde
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 beef shoulder center steaks (ranch), cut 1-in. thick (about 8 oz. each)
+ 2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 3/4 c. prepared tomatillo salsa
+ 1 small avocado, diced
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
What to do:
1. Press cumin evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 13-16 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile combine salsa, avocado and cilantro in small bowl.
3. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salsa.
* Tip: This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 255; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 199mg;