My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Yummy Mummy Beef Pizzas
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 recipe Italian Style Beef Sausage (recipe below)
+ 1 1/2 c. pizza sauce
+ 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
+ 4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese (1 oz. each)
+ 8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
What to do:
1. Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage (see below). Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep
warm and set aside.
2. Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture on each bread half. Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds. Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
3. Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
* Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 lb. Ground Beef, 1 tsp. fennel seed, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. coriander, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8-10 min., breaking into 1/2-in. crumbles and stirring occasionally. (Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed
Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground
Beef doneness.) Makes 2 1/2 c. crumbles
* Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean ground beef.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 346; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 76mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 8g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 1041mg;