My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Chocolate Rice Pudding
Courtesy of Uncle Ben's®
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 box UNCLE BEN'S® Whole Grain White Long Grain
+ 2-1/2 c. fresh or frozen cherries, no syrup or sugar added
+ 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
+ 1 Tbsp. water (extra Tbsp. water may be used)
+ 2 c. skim milk
+ 2 c. evaporated skim milk
+ 1/2 c. sugar
+ 1 tsp. cinnamon
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
+ 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Prepare the UNCLE BEN'S® Whole Grain White Rice Long Grain as instructed on the box.
2. To make the Sneaky Chef Cherry Puree, combine the cherries, lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. of water in the food processor and puree on high until as smooth as possible. Stop occasionally to push the contents to the bottom. If necessary, use another Tbsp. of water to smooth out the puree. (Makes about 2 c. of puree. Leftovers can be kept in refrigerator for up to three days, or frozen for up to three months.)
3. In a medium saucepan, combine skim milk, evaporated milk, 1/4 c. Cherry Puree, sugar, cinnamon, salt, cocoa powder and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
4. Add cooked rice and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 min. until thickened. Pour into serving bowls and enjoy!
* Recipe courtesy of the Sneaky Chef Missy Chase Lapine