My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Whole Roast Sea Bass
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 22 Min.
Marinate: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 lb. 3oz. whole sea bass, scaled, cleaned and head removed
+ 1 Tbsp. sea salt
+ 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
+ 2 bunches of rosemary
+ 4 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 cloves garlic, roughly sliced
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Salt the inside and outside of the fish, then set aside for 20 min. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Slash the skin of the bass in about three places on each side and insert the lemon slices. Place the herbs inside the fish, then transfer to a greased baking tray.
3. Heat the oil in a small pan and very gently cook the garlic for 1-2 min., but do not allow to brown. Pour the oil and garlic on top of the fish.
4. Bake in the hot oven for 20 min. Baste frequently with the oil and cook until the fish flakes easily and the skin is slightly crisp. Pour the lemon juice over the bass, garnish with lemon slices and serve with a selection of vegetables.
* Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."