My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Sweet and Sour Oysters
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 3 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 8 fresh oysters, shucked
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1 clove garlic, crushed
+ 1 in. stalk lemon grass
+ 1 in. piece root ginger, chopped
+ 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh red chili
+ 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
+ 1 Tbsp. soft brown sugar
+ chopped parsley, to garnish
What to do:
1. Drain oyster juices into a measuring cup and add water to make 5 oz. Place liquid and oysters in a bowl, reserving the lower half of the shells.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic, lemon grass, ginger and chili and cook for 2 min. until soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint and lemon juice.
3. Microwave the oysters for one min. on High power. Place each oyster back into a shell.
4. Place a little of the mixture from the pan on top of each oyster and sprinkle with brown sugar. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve while still warm.
* Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."