My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Garlic-Pepper Petite Top Loin with Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 90 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 (3-4 lb.) beef top loin petite roast
+ 1-1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
+ 8 oz. cremini or button mushrooms, cut in half
+ 6 large shallots, cut lengthwise into 1/2-in. wedges
+ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine Seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1 to 1-1/4 hr. for medium rare; 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hr. for medium doneness.
3. Meanwhile, toss green beans, mushrooms and shallots with oil on rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. About 1 hr. before beef is finished roasting, place vegetables on bottom oven rack. After removing roast, increase oven temperature to 425°F; continue roasting vegetables about 15 min. or until beans and shallots are crisp-tender and starting to brown, stirring once.
4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10-15 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
5. Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with roasted vegetables.
* Cook's Tip: One beef top sirloin petite roast (3-4 lb.) may be substituted for top loin petite roast. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-
3/4 hr. for medium rare; 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hr. for medium doneness.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 231; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 69mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 5mg;