My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Mini Meatball Appetizers with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef (96% lean)
+ 1/4 c. seasoned dry bread crumbs
+ 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
+ 2 Tbsp. water
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/8 tsp. pepper
+ 3/4 c. apricot preserves
+ 3/4 c. barbecue sauce
+ 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into thirty-six 1-1/4-in. meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 15-17 min.
2. Meanwhile, heat preserves, barbecue sauce and mustard in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 min., stirring occasionally or until sauce thickens slightly.
3. Add cooked meatballs and continue to cook 2-3 min. or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve or keep warm in slow cooker (see tip below).
* To keep meatballs warm, place in a 2-1/2 qt. slow cooker set on Low. Keep covered to maintain heat. Meatballs can be held up to 2-1/2 hrs., stirring occasionally.
* Nutrition information per serving of 4 meatballs:
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 179; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 29mg; Total Carbs: 29g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 126mg;