My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Steak Milanese Salad
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless beef round tip steaks, cut 1/4-in. thick
+ 1 large egg
+ 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
+ 1 Tbsp. water
+ 1 c. saltine cracker crumbs
+ 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 4-6 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 6 c. mixed salad greens
+ 1 cucumber, seeded, sliced
+ 1-1/2 c. diced tomatoes
+ chopped cilantro
+ 1/2 c. prepared Italian dressing
+ 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
+ 1 tsp. adobo sauce
What to do:
1. Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
2. Beat egg, chipotle peppers and water in shallow dish until blended. Combine cracker crumbs and 3 Tbsp. cilantro in second shallow dish. Dip each beef steak into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture to coat both sides.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in 12-in. nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Place 1-2 steaks in skillet. (Do not overcrowd.) Cook 3-4 min. or until coating is golden brown and beef is medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.) Remove; keep warm. Repeat with remaining steaks, adding additional oil as needed and adjusting heat as necessary to prevent over browning.
4. Divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with cucumber and tomatoes. Top each with steaks. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cilantro, as desired.
Cook's Tip: To make cracker crumbs, place crackers in food-safe plastic bag; close bag securely, squeezing out air. Crush crackers with rolling pin to form fine crumbs. Twenty eight to thirty 2x2-in. crackers make about 1 cup crumbs.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 482; Total Fat: 31g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 128mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 798mg;