My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Beef Brisket with Asian Chili Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr. 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 boneless beef brisket, flat cut (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 lb.)
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1/2 c. water
+ 1/4 c. chili garlic sauce*
+ 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
+ Kimchee (optional) *
What to do:
1. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef brisket in stockpot; brown evenly.
2. Combine water, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour over brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hr. or until brisket is fork-tender.
3. Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Cook 10 to 12 min. or until reduced by half.
4. Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Pass sauce. Serve with kimchee, if desired.
* Cook's Tip: Chili garlic sauce, an Asian condiment made from red chilies, garlic and vinegar, imparts a tangy, spicy heat to dishes. Chili
garlic sauce is available in Asian markets and the Asian section of most supermarkets.
* Cook's Tip: Kimchee is a spicy and pungent Korean condiment consisting of pickled vegetables. Kimchee is available in Asian markets and the Asian section of most supermarkets.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 224; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 51mg; Total Carbs: 7g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 348mg;