My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Alaska Sockeye Salmon with Chipotle Honey Glaze
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 13 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/2 c. local honey
+ 2-3 Tbsp. puréed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
+ 1-1/2 lb. Alaska Sockeye Salmon
+ heavy duty aluminum foil
+ non-stick cooking spray
+ kosher salt and pepper
+ 1 lime
What to do:
1. Remove Alaska Sockeye salmon from the refrigerator 15 min. before cooking. Heat grill to 375°F.
2. Stir honey and chipotle purée in a small bowl until well combined. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
3. Cut 2 pieces of wide, heavy-duty aluminum foil about 6-in. longer than the salmon side. Stack the foil pieces (shiny side down) on a baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray. Place the salmon, skin side down, in the middle of the foil. Fold the foil sides and ends up (1 to 2-in.) to make a shallow pan around the salmon, leaving at least a 1-in. margin around the fish. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
4. Carefully transfer the foil pan to the center of the preheated grill. Do not cover the salmon or close the foil over the salmon. Close grill cover and cook for 5 min. Spread the glaze on the salmon (1 Tbsp. per salmon portion or 1/3 c. per salmon side). Close grill and continue to cook about 5 to 7 min. more. Cook just until fish is lightly translucent in the center - it will finish cooking from retained heat. Remove from the grill and let rest a few minutes before serving.
5. Garnish with lime zest and serve with lime wedges.
Variation: Salmon can also be roasted in an oven preheated to 375°F or pan-seared and finished in the oven. Cook just until lightly translucent in the center; be sure to let the salmon rest a few minutes before serving.
* Purée a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with a hand blender, blender or food processor until smooth. Freeze any remaining purée for another use.